Monday, December 9, 2013

Hearing Aids .... Check!! Cochlear Implants???

We can not express the gratitude we have for all who are helping us raise funds for Zachary. After the newspaper article ran in the Leaf Chronicle, I received a call from the journalist who asked me to call Andy Stewart with Belltone Hearing. I was informed by him that his company would like to donate hearing aids for Zachary for Christmas. I was in shock and could not believe it. I held back from sharing this because I wanted to be sure I wasn't dreaming and it wasn't some sort of gimmick. After talking with Dr. Levy I found that they were very serious and want to help Zachary by donating hearing aids that will work for him. We are truly blessed!!
Where are we now? We are still trying to raise funds for Z and bring awareness to this debilitating disease, 95% of those who suffer with Superficial Siderosis lose their hearing completely and end up with Cochlear Implants. Our focus now is to raise money for that. Zachary is losing the hearing in his right ear very quickly and hearing aids will be of no use to him, I predict very soon.


Hearing Test from December 2nd. The red line is the right ear the blue line is the left ear.


Dr. Levy putting Silicone in Z's ear so a mold can be made for his hearing aids


New earbud style? Maybe? Ummm? Maybe not ...

No comments:

Post a Comment