Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Back Pain and a Little More Information

Zachary's Physical Therapist worked on his lower back today he seems to be having some pain there and when she was working it she noticed there was tightening of his muscles around that area. She also let me know that Dr. Jordan did speak with her about Z's therapy and made some suggestions to reduce some of the stretching at least until the group of doctors have come up with a medical plan for Z. She also said she wasn't sure if during the trauma the lining adhered to the spinal cord somehow or if there was a bleed that caused it to adhere. She also said that would be a question they would probably never have an answer to. (Chicken Before the Egg).

I took notice today when Zachary was emptying the dishwasher, before, I guess I just looked passed it with the not knowing what's going on attitude so things should be fine. Now, I worry every time my son moves. Will he cause a bleed by doing that and if he bleeds will more of that lining get stuck to the cord? I saw how he had to put those dishes into the dishwasher and inside I cried. He has to sit on the floor to put the pans and silverware in, by standing and bending over to do it he has to bend at the knees and his knees get all in the way so that he can't reach to put them in without just dropping them in, so to the floor he ends up going. It's very heartbreaking. All I want is to be able to let that accident go, every time we go to the hospital, every time my son screams out in pain, every time I watch him in physical therapy, the memories and the thoughts of that day come flooding back.

No comments:

Post a Comment