Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Is My Faith Wavering?

Zachary suffered through the night with some pretty intense leg pain, I gave him a full Benedryl and an Aleve, put on his TENS, rubbed his legs with therapy creme and put ice on his legs, and still he had a very rough night.

This morning he woke with stomach pains as he a has been doing for several weeks now.

I'll be honest ... a dear sister sends out spiritual messages everyday, and very rarely do I take the time to read them, but this morning after my own individual prayer I read this.

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; D&C 121: 7

I don't ask "why us" anymore, because I have faith that in His time things will work out, but do I waiver in my faith when I ask or wonder these things? Why is His time not in sync with ours? :( Is the feeling of helplessness and heartache for a child that endures so much pain not enough? When will Z finally be free from all of this? What is it that we're missing? What is it that we're supposed to be learning? How do we get this storm to pass by quicker? Is it possible that we've used up all our miracles?

Ashley survives the impact of a horses hoof to her abdomen, bleeds internally for three days because the doctor we went to didn't look further and she survived.
My father went on several deployments to the middle east and he survived.
My mom was pinned between a truck and a tree, she survived.
The twins were in an accident that took two lives, they survived.
These are only a few of the miracles we've been blessed with, have we maxed out our miracles? Can we get a loan?

No comments:

Post a Comment