Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An Update on Zachary

It's so exciting to post an update like this one. Zachary is doing so .... well!!! He was pain free for 7 days on my birthday ... and what an awesome gift that was!! My heart is filled with such joy to see our son finally free from the pain that has been debilitating him. He came to me the other day and said with enthusiasm, "Mom?" "I got to play soccer today at school and guess what?" "I didn't hurt". Oh, if you could only know how incredibly rewarding it is to hear our son say those words. Thank you goes to all of our family, friends and acquaintances who have had Zachary in their constant prayers and of course to our new family member (he's been adopted, lol) Dr. Brown, who has made it possible for our sons body to be able to heal as the Lord intended and has taught us that diet is everything!! Without doubt I know that there are reasons for every trial. The lessons learned through this one have been many!! As of today Zachary was pain free for 8 days with a pain level of about 2 or 3 on the 9th day and then pain free again for 6 days, totaling 14 days pain free!! We can't express enough how grateful and happy we all are! My eyes well up with tears when I see our son stand tall without the weight of the world on his shoulders! We are truly blessed!!!

I almost forgot to mention that Zachary used to come to me every morning complaining of stomach ache it's been about a week since his last complaint.

1 comment: