Saturday, January 12, 2013

Two Birthday's In One Day

Whew! What a day! One of Aubrey's friends came over early because her parents had to go to work early this morning, she's such a sweet little girl. With us having 7 kids one more is hardly noticed, lol. Then Aubrey's other friend came over, after her arrival we started to make homemade pizza's and then waited for Robert to arrive from dropping Casey off at work and picking up Zachary's friend. We had to wait because I left my phone charger in my friends car and he picked it up when he picked up Z's friend, lol Once the girls were done eating and Robert's arrival. All the girls departed and headed to the skating rink. While we were traveling the boys made and ate their pizza's and then they headed out to Circus World which is a big kid play place.
Skating was fun and painful. Those girls were a bagful of fun. We all fell and we all left with sore somethings, oddly enough none of those somethings were bums, lol. The list? Oh yes, the list ... we had a face plant which offered a bruise on the bridge of the nose, an elbow slam to the wall, three knees which will take a few days to recover from meeting the icy floor, and an ankle that may take longer to recover from loose skates. I've decided our ice skating gear today was missing a very important item .... a fat body suit like Robin Williams wears in Mrs. Doubtfire. Don't laugh, I'm serious! They should rent those suckers ..... I'd wear one!!
After licking our wounds we left the skating rink, went home and waited for the boys to arrive so we could have cake before leaving to go to Aubrey's basketball game. The boys were running behind so we went ahead and sang the birthday song had some cake and then we dropped one of Aubrey's friends off at her home and went to the game. The boys arrived just as we were walking out the door so they had their cake and then also headed out a bit later, dropped off Z's friend and then met us at the basketball game.
Zachary stepped over what he thought was a curb to a sidewalk but there was no sidewalk on the other side of it and then experienced some seriously intense pain. I'm thinking the unexpected bounce/jerk might have caused it. Robert gave him a bear hug squeeze and his pain subsided after just a few minutes. I was freaking out! It felt like a lifetime to me and I'm sure to Z as well. I contacted Dr. Brown to see if he could adjust Z just before his pain subsided. The bear hug doesn't seem to work anymore when I do it, it could be that Z is just to heavy for me, I'm not sure tho. I just know when he feels pain like that the memories of All that is associated with Zachary's pain comes flooding back it's very emotionally draining. I'm so grateful our son had such a wonderful day, even though not much of his day is posted, as I wasn't with him, but he was all smiles telling me about it. I choked back my tears of happiness listening to his excited happy voice. Oh, and Dr. Brown did check on Z after my freakout and my never mind he's fine text to him. I was happy to report that Z was still doing fine. Oh, and..... Aubrey's team won 7 to 5 it was an awesome game!! And an awesome day ...
Z did have some pain when we got home but I gave him some ginger tea and he seems to be doing fine now.
We're counting a few more blessings this evening ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment