Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Update on Z to Dr. Levy, Dr. Jordan & Dave Hill

I'm not sure if you will remember us or not, as it has been nearly a year since our last correspondence. Our son, Zachary was diagnosed with SS when he was 9 years old. I wanted to contact you to give you an update on him.  Zachary's pain is more under control now than when we first found out about SS. The pain does tend to sit on the back burner for a time, and it does occasionally rear it's ugly face when we least expect it. In all of this we have learned how tough our little boy really is.
We found that he did suffer from a torn ligament in his neck from whiplash and Dr. Brown has gotten Z to a point where he can at least be pretty close to a normal 11 year old boy. We took him in to have his hearing checked by our family doctor last week, as I was encouraged by you to keep a look out for that sign of SS. It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that he has suffered some minor hearing loss and is being referred to an ENT. We were so praying this would not happen, don't get me wrong we knew it was a high possibility, but we always hope and pray for small miracles. I truly pray for all those who suffer with SS and constantly hope that a cure is near enough to help all of them.

If you would be so kind as to forward this to Dr. Jordan I would be so grateful. I do not have her contact information anymore and I know she would want to know how Z is doing. Thank you in advance!

I will keep you updated
Michelle Huguley

No comments:

Post a Comment