Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dr. Brown, Checks In! & What About Natural Sugars?

I received a text from Dr. Brown asking about Zachary and I let him know that Zachary has had an awesome few days, with pain only getting to a 4 or 5, on a pain scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being rip my arms and legs off cause I just don't even care!" This evening is not the case, he has gotten up to a 7. Here's a surprise tho ... I tried the "bear hug" and low and behold it worked!! Whoo Hoo, for me! Oh I mean, Whoo Hoo for Z!! He had a few spasm spells but they have gone and he is sleeping. Please note: He only had one Benadryl and this makes us very happy! We're so glad we aren't having to resort to stronger "meds".
I forgot to mention that Zachary has been taking Vitamin D3 with Probiotics, which strengthens the immune system, enhances digestion and fat metabolism and improves the health of your joints, bones, skin and teeth. And he is taking Wobenzym N, which supports the body's natural inflammation response, increases flexibility and mobility, supports joint and tendon health, and gives temporary relief from aches, pains and muscle soreness due to everyday activity. Zachary has also been drinking green smoothies 1 to 2 times a day. Oh and so have the rest of us. :) We all love them, well, not all of us ... for some reason the teens aren't at all interested, lol, maybe in time they'll come around. :) I asked Dr. Brown about natural sugars as I was advised that sugar causes inflammation. He said, "yes, natural sugar from fruits were alright!" Whew! I was relieved, as that's what helps with the flavor of the smoothies. We've thrown spinach, carrots and broccoli into those things and it's amazing how the fruit covers up those greens. :) This mom loves that her kids are getting their fruits and veggies in! :) Surprised I hadn't jumped on board with the green smoothies sooner, guess the sound and looks of them have played a huge part in my hesitancy in jumping onto the "smoothie train". Thank you, Christie, for encouraging me to suck it up and just get passed the color, they're delicious, and I'm glad I took the leap! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment