Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Temple Trip to Remember


I don't remember the day very well .. I wished now that I did. I suppose my lack of blogging comes with consequences such as this. I do, however, remember my time in the Temple and I remember it very well. My day started with a personal prayer for the one I would be doing endowments for, then the list of blessings that I'm grateful for, and then ... my plea with my Father in Heaven to give our son a break from all the pain. Zachary had been enduring a lot of intense pain. There were nights I would cry with relief when his body would finally relax enough to fall asleep. There were times I would hold my son and beg my Father in Heaven to please, please help us find the answers we needed to help Zachary get through this burden he was enduring. And then while I sat in the Temple and again poured my heart out to Him I opened the scriptures and as if the words were floating out of the book I read, "And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him" (Matthew 8:7). I sat there ... in shock! Wow! Is this personal revelation or what? Should I scream this experience from the rooftops ... Will it still be valid or would I jinks this? Would people believe me or think I was some sort of loon? I thought that I had posted this wonderful news on FB, hence the reason I did not post it here on my blog, but I am unable to find it anywhere. I want to share this experience with everyone I meet, because "I" have faith that my Father in Heaven WILL follow through. He loves His children and knows their needs and with every "storm" there is clear skies that follow.
I asked Z if he knew the story of Joseph Smith, you know, the one where Joseph's leg had to be operated on without pain medication. Joseph was very courageous and so is Zachary. Zachary was also told, that he is very special to his Father in Heaven and that without him even knowing it, he was serving his Father in Heaven by bringing his "Father's" children closer to Him. Zachary's family and friends have been praying for him, his church family have been praying for him, people who know his family and friends have been praying for him. Z is a part of something HUGE, and his Father in Heaven is very proud of him for helping to bring His children closer to Him if it is just a small prayer to help a young boy who suffers with excruciating pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment