Thursday, February 9, 2012

Serious Pain In The Middle Of The Day

Dr. Brown called to check on Z  to see if he had experienced any pain yet today, so far none. Shortly after talking to Dr. Brown the elementary school called and said that Z was in pain I drove over ready to give him a gentle bear hug. I did that maneuver like three different times and it was not working. I called Dr. Brown back and told him what was going on with Z and he said we could meet him at the office and he would see what he could do. Wait? What? Meet us during the middle of the day? With no questions asked, well he did ask where we lived cause his plan was to come to us ... What? Do you know of any doctors who would go out of their way to do this? I don't!! Anyway, we were there from 1:15 to 3:45 trying to calm Z's pain. It would go away and then come back, just like the day before. Dr. taught me some other techniques to help Z through the pain. On the drive home it was pretty peaceful only a couple of groans came from the back seat. Once I got him in the house I took him upstairs and laid him on my bed he was moaning and crying in pain and had been since this morning I gave him some cough syrup to help with the cough he's picked up and one of his Diazepam's, he had been in pain most of the day and I felt it was time for him to rest. He finally settled down at around around 7:00 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment