Monday, February 13, 2012

Pain During School & Another Adjustment

I didn't go to the gym this morning as I'm a little nervous about leaving town. I don't want Z stuck at school if his pain escalates. His pain routine is all out of whack and until it is back on some sort of predictable schedule I feel I need to be close by. This morning Z went to school with a benadryl on board because his pain level was at a four. I went to the school around 9:00 because when I called his pain had not changed so I took him another benadryl. At about 12:30 I went back over to the school because his pain had spiked to a 10 and he felt like he needed to throw up. The pain kept fluctuating between 6 and 10.
I text Dr. Brown with this information and asked him if we were in new territory here or do we have a little bit of an idea of how long it will be before Z's zero's can stay zero's all the time. And his response was, " This is all new!! First case with all his specifics. I've seen alar damage a lot but not causing this severe of a case. How long till he is completely healed? God only knows that information. I will keep working on him and adjusting his neck and allow for the body to heal. Healing takes time. We are affecting his body in a good way and we just have to pray that the healing is fast!! I typically expect a 90 day period to really begin to retrain his nervous system and muscles".

We are meeting Dr. Brown at 3:15

By the time we got to the office Z's pain decreased to a 3 and he was comfortable so we waited out in the car until the office opened at 3:45. When we got in Z started warming up. They had a display set up with the chocolate that Dr. Brown shares with Z when he is really hurting. Z wanted to buy some from the display but you have to go online to order it. It's kind of to bad, I would have bought a couple of boxes of that stuff ... Z loves it and it's good for him. I'm trying to introduce good healthy choices for my kids so that we can start eating more healthy. So far green smoothies have been a pretty big hit. Now to get the stuff that's bad for them out of the house and bring in the good stuff. I think it's going to be a lot harder than it sounds. The healthier that Z eats the easier it will be for his body to heal. Zachary went over and got his adjustment. He did pretty good
he doesn't like it when Dr. Brown "shoots his neck". The back of Z's neck is pretty sensitive and it feels like a bruise after Dr. Brown does that.

Picture Coming Soon 

Dr. Brown also uses this traction type device. See? Dr. Brown right here would be a good place for you to leave a comment. You know? Maybe leave the correct name of those tools and what their functions are, so that those who are interested and want to relay this story can have the right information, right? :)  

Picture Coming Soon

As soon as these two maneuvers were accomplished Z's pain went to a zero! Now that's what we like ... instant gratification! After his adjustment Z went to strengthen his muscles. One of the girls (haven't learned their names just yet) from the office came over and said that Dr. Brown wanted to adjust Z again before we left so Z went back over to warm up again. As soon as Dr. Brown walked in to adjust him, Z asked, "you aren't going to shoot my neck again are you?" Dr, Brown laughed and said he needed to have Z stand so he could look at his neck. He talked to Z for just a bit and then said that he thought he'd done enough for today, so Zachary and I left and headed home. Oh yeah! Z left with a pain level of zero! And no pain this evening either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment