Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Stand Corrected :) & A Bribe

In my post on February 7th I had mentioned the Transverse ligament of the Atlas being torn. I was wrong! lol. It's the alar ligament. If you go back to that blog post I have corrected my mistake.

Note to Dr. Brown: cause I know you're reading this. Please leave a comment if I have made a mistake or confused something. :) I am trying to be as accurate as I can. My intention is to eventually go public with Zachary's story. I'd like for it to be as accurate as I can get it. :) Thanks in advance, Me!

Now then, today Zachary went to school with Zero pain!! :) Whoo Hoo!! Happy Day!!

I'm hoping he will be this way tomorrow too, so I can go to the Temple, which is down in Franklin. I've got a lot of blessings to be thankful for. ;) I worry about being to far from the school. I don't want Z there when his pain is over a 4 or a 5. It's not comfortable and he isn't able to accomplish the tasks that need to be done when he is in pain like that. He goes in to see Dr. Brown again tonight at 4:30

When we went to see Dr. Brown today Zachary didn't want to have anything to do with the "gun" it's a device that he uses to help move the second vertebra back into place and it leaves a little bit of a bruise there. So? A desperate mother wanting her son to endure this little pain that only lasts a few minutes to avoid a six hour chore of intense pain, bribes the wee one with a Skylander (an x-box game character).
Big smiles come and the "shooting" is done. Zachary leaves with pain level at zero and I inform him that this bribe with a new toy will be the last and that he is to do the adjustments because they are working for him and because we feel it is in his best interest to do so.

Dr. Dale Brown: "I have actually be adjusting the 1st vertebra(Atlas vert.) with the "gun"(arthrostim)".

1 comment:

  1. I have actually be adjusting the 1st vertebra(Atlas vert.) with the "gun"(arthrostim).

    ReplyDelete